Monday, April 13, 2009

More Food with Friends...A Picnic at the Beach

Picnic at the Beach

Today, I went to the beach for a picnic with my good friend Amanda, her husband and her Dad. Amanda is a fantastic Acupuncturist and you can find out more about her here:

We hiked out to Tennessee Valley Beach, and I took photos (on my iphone) of the poppies, lupin and a few wild turkeys along the way. We ate our sandwiches (and I drank my homemade kombucha) while talking and looking out towards the waves. Such an enjoyable day at the beach with t-shirt weather on the N. California coast! We talked about a lot of things, and laughed, but because two of us our health practitioners, we ended up talking about wheat free diets and gluten. What a surprise! There are so many options nowadays for food when one has food allergies, but mostly, we just enjoyed our food choices and the sunshine.

So, I highly recommend picnics with friends and loved one's, it's just good for the Soul. Reconnecting with nature, getting away from routine, it's all good. So, when was the last time you went out for a spontaneous picnic? Where do you like to go for picnics? What are your favorite foods to bring? I'd love to hear from you, please leave a comment.

Kara


Kara Sorensen, MS, LAc

The Food Craving Solution
video: http://tinyurl.com/d4gz9a
email: kara@thefoodcravingsolution.com
blog: http://blog.thefoodcravingsolution.com
Web: http://thefoodcravingsolution.com
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

Lisa said...

What a beautiful spot!

Honestly, we live in such a beautiful area, we really should picnic more often. My husband and I like to go for a nice hike or mt. bike ride and bring along snacks (cheese, crackers, luna bars etc.). We haven't packed up a full meal, but should really give it a try.

The Food Craving Solution said...

Thanks for your comment Lisa. Yes, we are spoiled here in California! Have fun with the picnics, and keep me posted.